21st Century Careers: How smart executives are exploring ‘active’ investment options to earn income
Did you know that there are more than 30,000 unique business models available today—ready-made businesses that have been tried and true? Within 12 months at the most, you can be on your own earning an income that you are involved with or hands-off as you continue your own law, medical or business practice.
Imagine the ability to choose a business that meets your income level, your values and your investment level with an almost-guaranteed rate of return.
Most of my clients are reaching to the top of the corporate ladder and are planning either for business ownership or a corporate board seat—and sometimes both.
One of my clients is a navy executive officer who is planning a post-retirement career in lobster fishing. Yes, lobster fishing. He knows exactly where he wants to fish and he has his business plan ready to take to the bank. This is not a typical choice for my clients. After all, lobster fishing is a risky occupation that requires knowledge of the ocean, the weather, the marketplace and requires intense physical stamina.
The price for eastern Canadian lobster is attractive today. What this guy is looking for is freedom. He wants to be outside in the fresh air where he feels alive and he also wants the thrill of navigating his own course with no one—except the bank and the weatherman perhaps—telling him what to do.
Not all of my clients are like that however. Many want to share the risk with someone else—namely a franchisor or a business partner.
Here is a little test for you. If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, you may be ready to think about business ownership.
- You are nearing retirement and not ready to retire completely.
- You have an interest in business ownership.
- You want a more flexible lifestyle.
- You have the capital or access to capital to consider business ownership.
- You are looking for an opportunity to play a minor role in the operations of a business while reaping the rewards.
- You are ready to dedicate yourself fully to your own business.
- You are looking for a passive income source.
- You are feeling vulnerable on the corporate ladder.
- You are looking for an ‘active’ investment option.
- You are ready to hire yourself.
- You are curious about business ownership specifically in the franchise sector.
- You are looking for an alternative to conventional employment.
- You are an empire builder looking for scalable investment options.
- You want to maintain your practice and invest in semi-absentee business models.
Think outside the box as you start to plan your post-corporate career. There are thousands of choices that let you get as close to or as far away from the business as possible. The heavier the investment level, the less you will need to be involved in the day-to-day operations.
Learn what smart executives are doing for a post-corporate career lifestyle that fits like a glove. This is a no-strings-attached seminar with zero obligations. All you need is an open mind and a keen sense of curiosity!
Hosted by: Maureen Farmer, award-winning global career strategist helping c-level executives step up or step out in today’s highly competitive labor market.
Guest: Wayne Mann – Certified Business Coach and Franchise Partner with The Entrepreneur’s Source, a premier international business coaching firm offering one-on-one support and a research and due diligence process aimed at exploring the Income, Lifestyle, Wealth and Equity investment opportunities within the world of business ownership; an active investment strategy with you as the active driver.
When: Tuesday, June 14 – 7pm Eastern – 8pm Atlantic
How: Connect via telephone from the convenience of your office, home, yacht or cottage!
Registration: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: June 14 Teleseminar
Call-in Instructions will be emailed in advance.
Image courtesy of Sujin Jetkasettakorn / freedigitalphotos.net